EDUCATIONAL DIAGNOSIS :
Used to begin behavior change procces.
To selected behaviour factors wich can be modified for behaviour change
Health behaviour can be seen as collective influence function of tthree behaviour factors (behaviour are a multidimention phenomenon)
Behaviour change Planning must put high attention to those three factors, for next it can be seen which factor who much more responsive for health education.
Three categories of factors contributing to health behavior :
PREDISPOSING FACTORS :
Factors antecedent to behavior that provide the rationale or motivation for the behavior. They include the cognitive and affective dimensions of knowing, feeling, believing, valuing and having self-confidence or sense or efficacy.
ENABLING FACTORS :
Factors antecedent to behavior that allow a motivation or aspiration to be realized, include : skills, resources.
REINFORCING FACTORS :
Factors subsequent to behavior that provide the continuing reward, incentive or punishment for a behavior and contribute to its persistence or extinction, thus include social support, peer influences, advice and feedback by health-care providers, physical consequences.
THREE BASIC STEPS ON EDUCATIONAL DIAGNOSIS :
1. Identifying and sorting factors into the three categories
With informal or formal methods
2. setting priorities among categories
3. establishing priorities within the categories
based on :
• importance : can be estimated by judging prevalence, immediacy, and necessity according to logic, experience, data and theory
• changeability : can be gained from looking at the results of previous programs; literature; and according to a theory on stages in adoption and diffusion of innovations
4. Writing “learning objectives”
HEALTH EDUCATION STRATEGIES :
The combine between method, approach, and technic that can be used to influence behaviour factors which directly or indirectly effect to behaviour.
Lecture, discussion, mass media, AVA, simulation and games, etc